Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Color Maps!

We finally got to work with color for the first time! The Map below is a colorized version of lab 6, a chorpleth map of the United States.
I noticed a couple of differences between the web version of the map and the printed version of the map. The first thing I noticed is that the printed version is darker than the computerized version. The next thing I noticed is that the computerized version has two colors which seem a little close together. The yellowish gold and the orange colors look a little close when they are put side by side. This is not a problem on the printed version of the map. The closeness of the two colors is pretty minor and I wouldn't really want to tweak the map unless my audience would be viewing this map solely online.

No comments: